Living in southern Oregon and working as a Web Designer for years with large online retailers has sculpted me to become an interaction designer. I have reported to UX Directors, Directors of UiX and Senior Creative Designers. As UX designer and promotional designer my responsibilities included fulfilling the marketing and merchandizing team’s expectations by building successful promotional campaigns. Other duties included identifying new online marketing opportunities and trends. I facilitated the alignment of team goals, constructed effective design and coordinated upper management approval, collaborated with writers, proofers, front-end and back-end developers to accomplish these tasks.
I was excited to be a contributor to earning these Multichannel Merchant awards while working at Musician’s Friend: Multichannel Merchant Gold Winner 2010, Web Multichannel Merchant Website of the Year 2010, Multichannel Merchant Silver Winner 2011, Web.
Directors have said this of me:
- Able to work independently as well as collaborate with co-workers
- Adept in cross-functional teams and integrative communication skills
- Capacity for detailed follow-through; task- and results-oriented
- Proven history of dependability, timeliness and efficiency
- Consistently exceed and surpass production goals
- Talent for producing results; enterprising and resourceful
- Demonstrates the ability to coordinate people, information and resources
- Excels at multitasking, evaluating and prioritizing workload
- Capacity for developing new systems and concepts uses independent thinking to meet future needs
- Demonstrates ability to bring understanding to principles and underlying problems
- Enjoys seeking out challenges and improving methods of operations
- Strong problem solving skills at a functional level, including the ability to act with decisiveness
- Provides creative solutions that show mutual support between UX and UI